Thursday, June 30, 2011

Three things

Quick post here... we're road tripping it tomorrow... so today I'm packing like a mad woman.  But let me share three of my favorite things today.

1.  What did I make with all those strawberries?  Well, I froze a bunch.  I made a pie.  And... I made a ton of fruit leather.  I stole my mom's food dehydrator and made a huge batch of strawberry banana fruit leather.  Just call me Jan.  The taste and smell make me feel behave like I'm 10 years old all over again.


2.  Most ingenious mama moment yet.  Why entertain 3 year old and feed 10 month old at the same time, when I can just arrange this?  Drinking your morning coffee in peace?  Priceless.


3.  I found this mirror at MCC for $10 dollars and change.  It may not be so pretty now, but imagine a coat of paint in a fun color like blue, green, pink... oh the possibilities.  Please ignore the image of me in jean capris (wishful thinking) accompanied by knee brace... this packing business is serious!!


That's it!  Back to laundry and packing.

5 comments:

tan said...

You always find the best things at MCC!! I think that mirror is great and I'm sure it will look even better painted...can't wait to see what you do with it! Have a great trip:)

Anonymous said...

Caleb feeding Emerson. Priceless. And I love them.
Mirror from MCC. Good price. And I really like it.
Mom T

Bonnie said...

I cannot wait to see what color you do that mirror. Its gonna be awesome!
Happy road-tripping! Oh, and if you find any sunshine along your travels, please send some back this way :)

Unknown said...

I am so jealous of your mirror! I'm on the hunt for one just like it! Can't wait to see what color you paint it:)

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Love it! And if you are headed this way we'd love to have you for a visit or we could come to the 'heim and see you!! Let me know.