Thursday, January 06, 2011

Starting the year off with a new project...

The day before we left town for Christmas I discovered this chair on craigslist.
In the midst of packing chaos, my wonderful husband found time to pick it up for me.  It only took a little bit of convincing.

He's calling it my Christmas present.


I went out and picked up this book a few days later and got a few tips from my Aunt who happens to be an pro at this kind of stuff...



Then I got this for my birthday from my Mom.


Now what have I gotten myself into?  I will soon find out-- and I guess so will you...

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oooooh, fun! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Melissa said...

Agreed! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Gina said...

I'm so excited to see the results! I saw a chair very similar to that and haven't convinced Shaun that it's a good idea yet - maybe your project will help.

Amy Smith said...

very exciting!

Carol said...

I have no doubts, but that you will turn that chair into something spectacular! Looking forward to seeing the results!

Jamie said...

I like it - the chair's got great bones :) Is this one going to end up in your living room?

Anonymous said...

ya right, i was just thinking about undertaking such a project myself but i have yet to convince myself. but i just read today on the fabric.com blog about her first upholstery project. she used the "Complete Step by Step Upholstery" by David Sowle. I can't wait to see how it turns out. i LOVE the chair :)
Andrea